Control System Design, Engineering, Implementation and Support
IDM process automation professionals combine a broad range of process experience and technical knowledge together with a disciplined execution methodology to deliver robust automation solutions across all industries. IDM works with clients on batch and continuous process projects ranging from a single loop to plant-wide systems of 100,000 points or more. Services include:
- Defining control and related process automation needs.
- Designing systems using proven methodologies and the best available technologies to meet your needs.
- Providing complete control systems engineering, implementation, training, service and support for your project.
- Real-Time Process Historian applications.
- HMI and alarm management.
- Collaborating on ongoing process and control improvements.
- Targeted use of Advanced Control and Optimization Software.
IDM delivers solutions using the best available systems and components. Whenever possible, we design primarily DCS-, PLC- and PC-based control solutions using widely marketed open-systems components. Such systems cost less to purchase, implement and maintain. And nearly all IDM’s systems can be supported by you in-house, by us or through providers in addition to IDM.
IDM’s standard services include factory acceptance testing and simulation, installation management, start-up/commissioning and where required validation and qualification activities.
Process Controls capabilities include:
- Project Management
- Specification Documentation
- Electrical Control System Design
- Hardware and Instrumentation Specification
- Control Panel Design
- PLC, DCS and HMI Programming
- Legacy System Migrations/Cross Platform Migration
- Computer System Validation and Life Cycle Documentation
- Software Development to integrate enterprise management systems
- SME Consulting
IDM Process Control System Integration services
- Evaluation, including the technical and business impact of control system choices
- Design and implementation
- Project management
- Specification and commissioning of field instrumentation
- System testing and start-up
- Complete systems support
- Ongoing control, integration and automation collaboration